120 Hour Combined TEFL Course
Complete your class theory online, then come to Shanghai for 2 weeks of real teaching practice!
Combined TEFL courses combine the best of two worlds. Being able to complete the theory from the comfort of your own home and at your own pace, and the hands-on teaching practice of a classroom course. In addition to a 120 hour online course, Combined TEFL students get access to three specialization courses: Teaching Business English, Teaching Adults & Teaching Young Learners.
Before arrival candidates will complete the following
- 200 + pages of course material
- 10 training videos made with footage from real classes
- 16 hours of observations
- 6 lesson plans
- 8 quizzes and one final exam
- Language Awareness
- Approaches to Language Learning
- Teaching English Grammar
- Teaching English Lexis & Vocabulary
- Teaching Receptive & Productive Skills
- Teaching Pronunciation
- Classroom Management
- Lesson Stages and Plans for TEFL
During the classroom portion
- Minimum of six hours of observed teaching practice (where you teach and receive feedback from seasoned teachers)
- 6 hours observing experienced ESL teachers
- Foreign language journal student profile
- 10 course days where experienced teacher trainers will help you plan and improve your classes
- Material compilation project - where you create your own teaching aids for all your classes
- Final oral exam
Our experienced team worked closely with seasoned ESL teachers and employers to create a unique TEFL certification program.
The online course follows the same syllabus as our popular classroom based course but allows you to complete the certification at your own pace, from anywhere in the world.
Finish the course and have the knowledge, confidence and certification you need to nail the interview and secure your great job abroad.
Start1. The learner (7:17)
Start2. The Affective Filter, Error Correction and other important concepts (10:08)
Start3. Classroom Management (14:23)
Start3A - Classroom Management Video - Public Schools + Quiz (16:55)
Start3B - Classroom Management in Smaller Classes (Language Training Schools) + Quiz (12:50)